Yep that is right folks – Dad and I took a road trip. Just us guys and boy did we have fun, a little bit of trouble and a lot of homesickness for Mom.
Every year Dad takes me on an excursion to help with training and to get me adjusted more to different situations. I think he just likes to mess with my routine. Nonetheless, I find this outings pretty cool and I am always up for an adventure.
This trip was no exception…as you can see while we were supposed to be cleaning out a Koi pond I decided to “fall” in. I was so scared I just stood there and let all the fish nibble on my long legs. It was a hot day and unfortunately I smelled like the fish after this “swim.”
This trip involved more meet and greets of different animals and lots of children. Of course I was on my bestest behavior.
I did get the chance to hang out at my SLO town club – Thousand Hills Pet Resort. They were very nice and hooked me up with an awesome bath and trimmed my nails perfectly. If you are ever in that area check them out – it helped not to smell like fish for the remainder of the trip, and yes, I do get my omega 3’s elsewhere and had no interest in the fish.
Needless to say, once I got in the car to come home I crashed and for the last few days I have been very mellow and calm. I did hear the parentals talk about how the trip was a success. This makes me glad but I still don’t like long car rides.
The weather is odd here in Santa Monica…balmy, humid, and a little rainy and today the temperature in my casa is 85 degrees, which I am not happy about, but at least I’m home where I love to be.
Happy 4th of July to all of you out there in the USA!
Even with our country being in a state of flux…
- Flags are going up, flags are coming down
- People are trying to rewrite history by moratoriums of 80’s sitcoms such as removing from syndication the Dukes of Hazards and talks of banning the beloved movie Gone with the Wind
- Political candidates are gathering money from whoever they can to build their war chests
- Insurance companies are increasing costs as more sick become insured and healthier youth take their chances and don’t get insurance
- The President makes sure his Mont blanc pen gets exercise by releasing non violent prisoners
- We are back in Cuba
Oh yeah, Trump continues to get in trouble and it isn’t due to having a bad hair day.
Even with the USA’s family dysfunction we are a country, which is built on freedoms and liberties for one and all. Or at least that is how it should be…a melting pot of cultural diversity laden with respect, kindness and self-responsibility for others.
On another note, I was pretty good on the fireworks front as I had on my ThunderShirt which helped keep me calm and safe amidst all those crazy sounds. I can’t imagine why the humans like them. Mom said I’m not a very good gun dog whatever that means since I don’t even know what a gun is.
The weather has been warm and humid with 96% humidity this morning when I checked the weather report.
Posted in Healthy Puppy Food
- Tagged 2016 presidentail election, 4th of July, campaign reform, Confederate flag, Dukes of Hazard, fireworks, gone with the wind, gun control, gun dog, president obama releasing non-violent prisoners, Thundershirt, war chest