Happy 4th of July to all of you out there in the USA!
Even with our country being in a state of flux…
- Flags are going up, flags are coming down
- People are trying to rewrite history by moratoriums of 80’s sitcoms such as removing from syndication the Dukes of Hazards and talks of banning the beloved movie Gone with the Wind
- Political candidates are gathering money from whoever they can to build their war chests
- Insurance companies are increasing costs as more sick become insured and healthier youth take their chances and don’t get insurance
- The President makes sure his Mont blanc pen gets exercise by releasing non violent prisoners
- We are back in Cuba
Oh yeah, Trump continues to get in trouble and it isn’t due to having a bad hair day.
Even with the USA’s family dysfunction we are a country, which is built on freedoms and liberties for one and all. Or at least that is how it should be…a melting pot of cultural diversity laden with respect, kindness and self-responsibility for others.
On another note, I was pretty good on the fireworks front as I had on my ThunderShirt which helped keep me calm and safe amidst all those crazy sounds. I can’t imagine why the humans like them. Mom said I’m not a very good gun dog whatever that means since I don’t even know what a gun is.
The weather has been warm and humid with 96% humidity this morning when I checked the weather report.
Posted in Healthy Puppy Food
- Tagged 2016 presidentail election, 4th of July, campaign reform, Confederate flag, Dukes of Hazard, fireworks, gone with the wind, gun control, gun dog, president obama releasing non-violent prisoners, Thundershirt, war chest
I am a little confused but I am OK with this confusion. I thought July was the celebration of Independence and freedom. Normally I am not a fan of the July 4th holiday as it is very loud with fireworks and even though I am a gun dog the sounds make me more then nervous.
However, this time it was better because Mom’s parental units also known as my grand units came for the weekend and we had a grand time.
Since I had never met Grandma and Grandpa D they had some catching up to do and boy did they deliver! It was Christmas every few hours. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I got so many gifts I did not know what to do with myself. First it started with this squeaky red toy and then it was 3 more toys ending in a toy PITA. I was good and played nicely with all the toys EXCEPT PITA so he went away – I just wish the one in the backyard would go away as well – then my life would be complete.
The other great thing that happened is we had LOTS of food, and of course I am on kitchen duty for any treat that might come my way, and I got more then my normal share. You see I know how to work any situation and I was an excellent dog. My barking was under control when strangers walked by, I did not knock this grandma over and PITA stayed away. I was top show dog and the praises continued…
As for the weather situation here in Santa Monica it has been a hot one for this holiday weekend and currently I am reporting mid 70’s, although is was over 80 in our house most of the weekend. The parentals and grandparentals were a bit uncomfortable as we don’t have air conditioning but I think they need to toughen up like me!
Safe holiday travels to all of you.
Posted in Healthy Puppy Food
- Tagged 4th of July, barking and squirrels with dogs, Christmas gifts for puppy, fireworks and puppy, good dog treats, grandparents and puppy, hot weather in santa monica, Independence day, July 4th holiday and puppy, Weather Weimaraner, weimaraner puppy