That’s right. I’m up at 6 am or 5:30 like I was this morning. NO one sleeps in at our house. What is with these parentals? Dad was not happy with me this morning and Mom got to sleep in a little but then I proceeded to walk up and down the hall shaking my head till she got up at 7 am. It’s gotten to the point where Dad has to take a nap every afternoon to recover from my morning routine.
I thought it was time to check in on my current report card and needs for improvement.
1. I have been left outside my crate multiple times up to 5 hours without any disturbance in the house. When Mom and Dad come home I am sitting politely in my chair or in my crate of my own accord. I still have not graduated to full access status but hopefully soon.
2. I have not chewed any pens for quite some time. I never did go to pen’s anonymous but somehow I was able to get over my addiction on my own. Dad left a pen on the table this past week when I was home alone and I noticed it but decided to leave it alone since I’ve been a bit naughty in other areas (below).
3. I continue to be loving to all those I meet (minus the squirrels) and allow every child and adult to pet and love on me when I meet them.
Needs for Improvement:
1. I still continue to pull on the leash when we walk. I’m not sure I will ever outgrow that one.
2. When Mom and Dad are home (as opposed as when they are gone) I become a bit unruly and want constant attention all the time. I still drag all the things out of my “toy chest” and string them all over the house.
3. I “stole” the new scooby snack bag my new blonde friend Debra brought last weekend (it was mine remember) and ate the entire bag in the backyard while Mom and Dad were watching one of their shows. My dinner was delayed that night since I had more than a full tummy.
4. I continue to bark at squirrels and dogs walking by my house (how dare they come near my domain?)
I know to the parentals it feels like I’m not improving sometimes. Mom commented that I am 32 in human years and needed to act more mannerly – asking for my treats, letting her sleep in since it is a rare occasion and being the “show” dog that I was designed to be. Maybe some day, but not this week.
It was a beautiful day today in Santa Monica although we are having a little pre “June Gloom” as they call it which is fine with me since it’s cooler on my walks.
Happy Memorial Day to all of you and try not to eat too much at those BBQ’s or at least save some of the treats for me. I’m still trying to get more treats today as you can see by this picture. It’s my favorite place to sit for whatever yummy bite drops of a new recipe I can get my chops on.