It’s getting close to my 7 year birthday – well almost. I’ll be 7 years old in January and sometimes I act my age but most of the time NOT! It drives the parentals crazy but it keeps me young. Mom has to have headshots in 2 weeks for her new website so she was practicing on me. I don’t like to have my picture taken as opposed to William Wegman’s Weims so she had to do a little convincing for this shot.
So in honor of my almost birthday my report card is as follows:
The things I am better at:
- I sleep in till 6:30 or 7 – this is a huge improvement from my 5-5:30 days of young
- Walking Mom to the door when she leaves in the am – I give her a sad look but she tells me her patients need her – what about me?
- I’m much more cuddly than I used to be but I still choose which days I want to be close or distant
- I’m great at communicating my needs! Mom says it is not in a Motivational Interviewing way since I am not subtle when I want to be fed, covered, etc.
Things I still need improvement on:
- Pulling on the leash – I’m not sure this can get better especially if I see a squirrel
- Barking at dogs that do their business on my lawn – they are NOT being neighborly and I tell them so
- When I want to be covered up with a blanket in the middle of the night I go to one of the parentals and breathe hot panting air in their faces till they get up and cover me
- I am still the famous RELOCATOR of items. If I’m mad at Mom I’ll take her shoes in the backyard and hide them; I’ve been known to hide Dad’s wallet on occasion on the patio. I don’t damage anything – I just change the location and of course since I’m “just a dog” I can’t seem to remember where the item was relocated to!
So that’s the report. If you want to know more you’ll have to come for a visit. The weather in Santa Monica has finally become more temperate after our HOT summer weather and fall is finally in the air. Hope you all have a great fall and I’ll be in touch soon!
Posted in Dog Blog, Healthy Puppy Food, weather weimaraner
- Tagged dog behavior, healthy dog blog, hot weather in santa monica, Motivational Interviewing, perfect dog behavior, puppy and Motivational Interviewing, puppy report card, Santa Monica weather report, walter wegman weimaraners, Weather Weimaraner, weimaraner and squirrels, Weimaraner photographs, weimaraner pulling on leash, weimaraner puppy
I still have my licking problem with my incisions so now I’ve graduated to a shirt. It’s not my friend since it’s TOO hot. What is this with the parentals trying to dress me up like a cabbage-patch doll? However, one thing happened that was quite exciting and worth reporting. It was becoming dusk outside and Mom and Dad were talking about something and I saw noticed an unusual movement that captured my eye in the thick brush in MY backyard. Before they knew it I nearly knocked Mom over and dove deep into the bush, and captured whatever it was and NOW it was in my mouth.
I was a bit unsure what it was and tried to show the parentals my achievement. All I got from Mom was “crate, crate” and Dad saying “No, NOT in the house.” I panicked and got mixed parenting signals so I dropped my trophy and ran into the house into my crate. I heard them later saying it was a possum and apparently it was playing dead, which they do, and then escaped since it was magically gone the next time I went outside. I think that was enough excitement for the week for everyone.
Life in the Dopart-Batchelor household has been nonstop with trainings, and projects but we wish you all well in the first half of the year and hope you are staying cool and safe. The weather has been a bit more temperate thank goodness since our 100 year old house has NO AC. Please still bring ice-cubes if you come – just sneak them to me so I don’t get in trouble.
Sorry I’ve been MIA – the parents have been busy so here’s the news:
Dad decided to venture way up north to his old stomping grounds for his 30th school class reunion and sent me off to the country. Maybe he needed a break from me, but doesn’t he realize I never need a break from him? I live for ruling this house and when he sends me away I don’t get to get under the Parentals’ skin.
Not to worry my dear ones…when I got back I gave them an extra doses of love, hugs, and annoyance. For example, this morning when I took Mom on a walk I decided I needed to share with the neighborhood by marking every few feet. I took advantage of the lush grass and I was like a dog in the candy store with green lawns. Finally, Mom got upset with me and told me the walk was not a bathroom buffet and took back control of “my” walk.
AND Mom’s new book came out 101 Ways to Control your Diabetes. Of course I am featured in the book as I always remember to walk and eat healthfully but I guess the humans need something to remind them.
I have been pretty docile lately because it has been super-hot and all I want to do is lounge trying to find the coolest place in Casa de Perry which is a difficult thing to do right now. I do muster up the strength to bark at the annoying neighbor dog who still continues to push my buttons.
I would like to report how good I was while getting my Mani/Pedi after my return from the country. I have been trying out this new place which comes to me – hence avoiding the LA traffic. You know how I love being pampered. Detail Dog is a great service and you should give them a try. See how good I was when Phoebe was clipping my nails. I smelled fresh and clean after it was all said and done so I’m all ready for any summer guests!
OK, off to sit by my swamp cooler as it’s the usual 85 degrees in our house today! I figured you had missed the Weather Weimaraner report.
Posted in Healthy Puppy Food
- Tagged Bathroom Buffet, Detail Dog, dog grooming, dog walk, green lawns, healthy dog, healthy dog blog, healthy puppy, Puppy goes for Mani/Pedi, swamp cooler, weimaraner, weimaraner training