It’s getting close to my 7 year birthday – well almost. I’ll be 7 years old in January and sometimes I act my age but most of the time NOT! It drives the parentals crazy but it keeps me young. Mom has to have headshots in 2 weeks for her new website so she was practicing on me. I don’t like to have my picture taken as opposed to William Wegman’s Weims so she had to do a little convincing for this shot.
So in honor of my almost birthday my report card is as follows:
The things I am better at:
- I sleep in till 6:30 or 7 – this is a huge improvement from my 5-5:30 days of young
- Walking Mom to the door when she leaves in the am – I give her a sad look but she tells me her patients need her – what about me?
- I’m much more cuddly than I used to be but I still choose which days I want to be close or distant
- I’m great at communicating my needs! Mom says it is not in a Motivational Interviewing way since I am not subtle when I want to be fed, covered, etc.
Things I still need improvement on:
- Pulling on the leash – I’m not sure this can get better especially if I see a squirrel
- Barking at dogs that do their business on my lawn – they are NOT being neighborly and I tell them so
- When I want to be covered up with a blanket in the middle of the night I go to one of the parentals and breathe hot panting air in their faces till they get up and cover me
- I am still the famous RELOCATOR of items. If I’m mad at Mom I’ll take her shoes in the backyard and hide them; I’ve been known to hide Dad’s wallet on occasion on the patio. I don’t damage anything – I just change the location and of course since I’m “just a dog” I can’t seem to remember where the item was relocated to!
So that’s the report. If you want to know more you’ll have to come for a visit. The weather in Santa Monica has finally become more temperate after our HOT summer weather and fall is finally in the air. Hope you all have a great fall and I’ll be in touch soon!
Posted in Dog Blog, Healthy Puppy Food, weather weimaraner
- Tagged dog behavior, healthy dog blog, hot weather in santa monica, Motivational Interviewing, perfect dog behavior, puppy and Motivational Interviewing, puppy report card, Santa Monica weather report, walter wegman weimaraners, Weather Weimaraner, weimaraner and squirrels, Weimaraner photographs, weimaraner pulling on leash, weimaraner puppy
Yup – Dad left me. I overheard him telling Mom he needed a break from ME but I guess I deserve it. I give him a run for his money since when Mom told him a dog would be a lot more work than a cat he said those famous words “it’s just a dog.”
I make it my job to have him continually eat those words, but really? Did he have to go all the way to Kansas City, MO to get away from me. AND he went to see that little thing Zade. Apparently him and Mom are the godparents but Mom chose me. She decided to stay home with ME while Dad went to the christening so I thought I would show him how much perfectness he missed.
I did not bark today when dogs came by, I let Mom take a nap since she was tired from her week AND I napped all afternoon in my crate all on my own. I did not bug her for my dinner like I usually do and she asked me at 4:30 if I wanted to eat so I followed her politely into the kitchen. I don’t think she believed I was the same dog that lives here.
I think Mom realizes it’s Dad who is the instigator. HE is the one who riles me up. So people when you think my mischievous behavior is because I am a Weimaraner it’s really not. I am smart enough to know when to behave perfectly and when to misbehave when I feel like it.
So there you have it – the weather Weimaraner is reporting perfect behavior and a beautiful sunny day with a temperature of 75 degrees in Santa Monica.
Things can’t get much better than they are now and I realize today that I’m grateful for my life. Maybe when Dad gets back I’ll try to be a little better behaved so he doesn’t feel the need to go away again. After all – I would not want him to replace me with one of those baby things. I really do like children – I just don’t want them to live in my home since I am the ONLY child here.