This week was tough – it was SO cold in Santa Monica. I’ve heard there are much colder places but I prefer the warm – remember I have no hair so it’s a challenge.
I graduated to my big boy bed again after many months and I am being much better about going to bed now. Dad set up a tent so I’m always covered and warm.
Sometimes in the middle of the night the covers come off and I get cold and wake Mom up to cover me up again.
I love the soft feel of the blankets and Mom doesn’t seem to mind too much since I go right back to sleep. Now that I’m a year old I am becoming a little better each day – I drop things more quickly, I don’t steal quite as often, and I lounge at night instead of running all over the house. Don’t I look cute in my tent bed? I have that silky smooth skin still since Dad gives me all those marrow bones high in protein and iron and Mom continues to give me all my omega 3’s.
Okay – I have to admit that I eat things I’m not supposed to like dirt, rocks, Dad’s ear plugs, my leash and collar but hey – if they are around so I’m not sure what the big deal is anyway? Aren’t we a family and share stuff?
But I thought I would make a list of my favorite foods since Mom is proud that I have such a healthy pallette:
1. Vitamins and Fish oil – I know technically not “food” but I live for the morning when Mom gives me these 2 things.
2. Plain Yogurt – Mom did not think I would like this but whenever she eats it I can’t stop myself from begging for some too – so smooth and satisfying besides the probiotics!
3. Peanut butter – I overheard Mom saying this is her favorite food and she used to put some in my Kong to keep me happy but I can’t remember where I hid my Kong so occasionally she gives it to me on a spoon.
4. Bully Sticks – this is one Mom saves for when she really needs me to be good for a few hours – like when she’s writing all her blogs. I can chew, chew, chew for hours with so much taste – it’s amazing!
5. Green Beans and Peas – this is one my Grandpa B introduced me to. I really love all fruits and veggies (except carrots – can’t stand those although Mom has tried a few times to pull one over on me) but these are 2 of my favorites.
I could eat most anything but if any of you are stopping by please bring me a treat – I have such a great nose I’ll never forget it. I can’t send thank-you’s but I’ll lick your hand and try to get in your lap 🙂
My Dad hates to take his vitamins and fish oil – Mom always reminds him and he gives her a look….but I LOVE my vitamins. After Mom gets home from the gym I wait and wait till she starts making her breakfast cause I know I’ll get them if I’m good.
I heard she tells her patients to get all their omega 3’s I think called ALA, DHA, and EPA but I don’t care. I just like to lick the lemon fish oil off the spoon and chew up the yummy vitamin. She made me pose with them both – Carlson lemon fish oil and NuVet Plus. I’m so sick of posing and who knows what she want to take a picture of next…..