It’s June gloom in Santa Monica, I’m still headache hungover from the July 4th cacophony of noise and to top it off I’m queasy due to 2 earthquakes we had in the last 24 hours. Dad put my Thundershirt on me which helped a smidge. I’m sorry I’ve been MIA for a while. Mom has been crazy busy with trainings, patients and book writing and Dad has been taking some classes – hence less overall time with ME.
I’m not saying I’m that neglected but since it should be about ME all the time this has been a bit disconcerting. To top it off I’ve developed a sore on my leg and I might have to go to the vet next week. So things are pretty status quo around here unless you think earthquakes are exciting. Last might it was 7.1 and the house shook a LOT. We are thankful nothing happened or was broken. Dad has been praying.
Besides that all is well in the Dopart-Batchelor household. We will try to write more often and hope all of you are having a nonevent summer – safer that way.
The Weather Weimaraner
Posted in Dog Blog, Healthy Puppy Food, weather weimaraner
- Tagged earthquake in los angeles, June Gloom, June Gloom in Santa Monica, sensitive weimaraner, Thundershirt, thundershirt for dogs, Weather Weimariner, Weimaraner photographs, weimariner has sensitive skin
Happy 4th of July to all of you out there in the USA!
Even with our country being in a state of flux…
- Flags are going up, flags are coming down
- People are trying to rewrite history by moratoriums of 80’s sitcoms such as removing from syndication the Dukes of Hazards and talks of banning the beloved movie Gone with the Wind
- Political candidates are gathering money from whoever they can to build their war chests
- Insurance companies are increasing costs as more sick become insured and healthier youth take their chances and don’t get insurance
- The President makes sure his Mont blanc pen gets exercise by releasing non violent prisoners
- We are back in Cuba
Oh yeah, Trump continues to get in trouble and it isn’t due to having a bad hair day.
Even with the USA’s family dysfunction we are a country, which is built on freedoms and liberties for one and all. Or at least that is how it should be…a melting pot of cultural diversity laden with respect, kindness and self-responsibility for others.
On another note, I was pretty good on the fireworks front as I had on my ThunderShirt which helped keep me calm and safe amidst all those crazy sounds. I can’t imagine why the humans like them. Mom said I’m not a very good gun dog whatever that means since I don’t even know what a gun is.
The weather has been warm and humid with 96% humidity this morning when I checked the weather report.
Posted in Healthy Puppy Food
- Tagged 2016 presidentail election, 4th of July, campaign reform, Confederate flag, Dukes of Hazard, fireworks, gone with the wind, gun control, gun dog, president obama releasing non-violent prisoners, Thundershirt, war chest