It’s getting close to my 7 year birthday – well almost. I’ll be 7 years old in January and sometimes I act my age but most of the time NOT! It drives the parentals crazy but it keeps me young. Mom has to have headshots in 2 weeks for her new website so she was practicing on me. I don’t like to have my picture taken as opposed to William Wegman’s Weims so she had to do a little convincing for this shot.
So in honor of my almost birthday my report card is as follows:
The things I am better at:
- I sleep in till 6:30 or 7 – this is a huge improvement from my 5-5:30 days of young
- Walking Mom to the door when she leaves in the am – I give her a sad look but she tells me her patients need her – what about me?
- I’m much more cuddly than I used to be but I still choose which days I want to be close or distant
- I’m great at communicating my needs! Mom says it is not in a Motivational Interviewing way since I am not subtle when I want to be fed, covered, etc.
Things I still need improvement on:
- Pulling on the leash – I’m not sure this can get better especially if I see a squirrel
- Barking at dogs that do their business on my lawn – they are NOT being neighborly and I tell them so
- When I want to be covered up with a blanket in the middle of the night I go to one of the parentals and breathe hot panting air in their faces till they get up and cover me
- I am still the famous RELOCATOR of items. If I’m mad at Mom I’ll take her shoes in the backyard and hide them; I’ve been known to hide Dad’s wallet on occasion on the patio. I don’t damage anything – I just change the location and of course since I’m “just a dog” I can’t seem to remember where the item was relocated to!
So that’s the report. If you want to know more you’ll have to come for a visit. The weather in Santa Monica has finally become more temperate after our HOT summer weather and fall is finally in the air. Hope you all have a great fall and I’ll be in touch soon!
Happy Birthday Perry!
Love your breeder,
(Beth & Lauren)