It’s getting close to my 7 year birthday – well almost. I’ll be 7 years old in January and sometimes I act my age but most of the time NOT! It drives the parentals crazy but it keeps me young. Mom has to have headshots in 2 weeks for her new website so she was practicing on me. I don’t like to have my picture taken as opposed to William Wegman’s Weims so she had to do a little convincing for this shot.
So in honor of my almost birthday my report card is as follows:
The things I am better at:
- I sleep in till 6:30 or 7 – this is a huge improvement from my 5-5:30 days of young
- Walking Mom to the door when she leaves in the am – I give her a sad look but she tells me her patients need her – what about me?
- I’m much more cuddly than I used to be but I still choose which days I want to be close or distant
- I’m great at communicating my needs! Mom says it is not in a Motivational Interviewing way since I am not subtle when I want to be fed, covered, etc.
Things I still need improvement on:
- Pulling on the leash – I’m not sure this can get better especially if I see a squirrel
- Barking at dogs that do their business on my lawn – they are NOT being neighborly and I tell them so
- When I want to be covered up with a blanket in the middle of the night I go to one of the parentals and breathe hot panting air in their faces till they get up and cover me
- I am still the famous RELOCATOR of items. If I’m mad at Mom I’ll take her shoes in the backyard and hide them; I’ve been known to hide Dad’s wallet on occasion on the patio. I don’t damage anything – I just change the location and of course since I’m “just a dog” I can’t seem to remember where the item was relocated to!
So that’s the report. If you want to know more you’ll have to come for a visit. The weather in Santa Monica has finally become more temperate after our HOT summer weather and fall is finally in the air. Hope you all have a great fall and I’ll be in touch soon!
Posted in Dog Blog, Healthy Puppy Food, weather weimaraner
- Tagged dog behavior, healthy dog blog, hot weather in santa monica, Motivational Interviewing, perfect dog behavior, puppy and Motivational Interviewing, puppy report card, Santa Monica weather report, walter wegman weimaraners, Weather Weimaraner, weimaraner and squirrels, Weimaraner photographs, weimaraner pulling on leash, weimaraner puppy
I’m 20 months old right now and Mom says she can’t wait till I’m 2. Auntie Deb in Florida says I will be a great dog at 3 so that makes me excited to get older.
I still have many issues that need what Dad calls “training” but I thought I’d give you a current report card to let you know just how much I’ve improved:
- I can do a 10 minute wait for a snack when I want to…yes I drool but can wait even when the parentals leave the room
- I’ve slept on the chair in the living room all night by myself for at least a week without waking up Dad till 6:30 am
- I rode in Mom’s car this week and behaved myself the whole time
- I have not shredded toilet paper for a week (although I did get into some paper towels – I guess I still need paper anonymous)
- I’ve never to this day had an accident in the house and always go potty outside. This is old news as I was fully potty-trained at 8 weeks. I guess you could say I am an overachiever but only with things I want to do
- I always eat my vegetables without a complaint and my favorite is broccoli
- I went to see a new friend Koby yesterday and played very nicely with him at his casa – Dad made us look cartoon-like to be funny…I kind of like the psychedelic look
I still could improve on car etiquette with Dad, lowering my propensity for counter surfing, and barking too loudly when someone I don’t know walks by the house but for the most part I’m turning out to be a respectable dog.
I always appreciate all my fellow blog friends and invite you to come by and give me treats when you are in the neighborhood.
I’m almost 14 months old and have decided to be a better canine being, although I do have the occasional bouts of being a troublemaker. Here’s the current report card:
1. I play nicely at Day Care with all my friends. Here is one of my favorite friends Kayden who I love hanging out with and it’s pretty cool since when humans see us they take a double look. He’s a fellow Weimie (can you tell which one is me?) who is a year older than me but I’m BIGGER than him. I wonder why that is?
2. I drop things now except for bricks since I know it makes Dad crazy. He continues to yell “drop it” and today he told me that I would be given up for adoption if I broke my teeth because he refused he have a dog with bad teeth. Now who is narcissist? He seemed pretty serious about it so I brought it to the door and dropped it for Mom to put away. I can’t be trusted with bricks.
3. I have not touched the toilet paper for at least 4 weeks. Mom is really impressed with that one.
4. I sleep in my bed all night without a peep. A few mornings ago Mom had to be up very early for a training and I got up and then went back to bed – boy, that surprised the parental units as I’m usually always up before them.
5. I get tired by 6 pm and then just lay on “my” chair – the ottoman. It’s the only one I’m allowed on in the house so I just claim it after dinner.
6. Stealing the remote controls has dissipated and they now can be left out in plain sight.
Dad says the house is slowly being restored to it’s former state and I heard Mom telling him they can see the light at the end of puppyhood. What will I do if the puppy blog is done? I guess I’d have to graduate to an adult blog but I’m not quite sure I’m ready for that. Auntie Aileen says to give me another year.